Sunday, April 6, 2008

the Great Barrier Reef from above!












So after I cancelled my scuba dive and was feeling somewhat better, the girls in my room were talking about a flight they took that day over the Reef. It sounded so wonderful I called the company and booked a seat on the 3 PM flight. I was meeting Betina and Sanne at the lagoon (a swimming pool created because you cannot swim in the water here) for some sun and convinced them to join me, so off we went for a flight.

Daintree Air was a great tour. For $199 for a 1 hour flight we went over the southern part of the reef up to the Daintree River we had crossed with the crocodiles a few days before. It was a spectacular flight with 6 of us on the little plane.

The pictures don't show the view well, but it is embedded in my mind forever.. a great choice I think to see it from above rather than below.

I hope you enjoy the photos..

1 comment:

Delta Diva said...

go go extreme shari!