Friday, June 20, 2008

Bula! from Fiji

Hi crew!

Just a quick note to say I made it to Fiji and started with my first week on Mantray Island (though in 6 days, never got to see any manta rays.. : ( ) When I landed it was raining and the word was that was going to continue for 5 days, but after a dreary day 2, it cleared up and the sun is hot hot hot! The Island was so beautiful with the least amount of amenities possible. An eco- resort of sorts with compost toilets and cold showers. Not much to pass the day but snorkelling in the crystal clear waters above coral reefs and laying in the sun or reading in a hammock. Though I did go for a dive in the Garden of Eden, which was good, and some kayaking.. but it was a welcomed relaxed time compared to the previous 3 1/2 months of moving every other day!

I am off to the Northern Islands of Fiji now Taveuni and Savusavu for 6 nights each, so will try to get messages out, but not too sure what they offer there!

I will try to get photos updated when I can..

Take care all.. oh and good news, the Court Workers will not be losing their positions!!! I can really relax now!!

ttfn

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Congrats on the job!
Looking forward to more beautiful pics!