Monday, February 4, 2008

READY to go!!

So I think I am good to go.. I have my tickets booked, I am working through my scuba course, my OXexperience ticket is booked, I have my Aussie VISA, the first two night accomodation are taken care of and BY GOLLY all I can think of is the weather there HAS to be warmer than this!

Funny, I have been tanning and people think I have already gone on my trip! But I have just been spending too much time in the tanning bed.

Now I need to get the house straightened up and get packed, then repacked and repacked again! I am a terrible collecter of uselesss things and feel the need to bring too many "just in case" items. HAVE to stop that....

I am having a send off party on the 15th of February if you want to join me! Martinis anyone!

I look forward to getting tips left and right from people and guidance on where to go and what to avoid.. I guess you have to sign up to leave a message which may be a pain in the butt, but it may not be that tough either.. you can always 'facebook' me!

So 19 more sleeps until I leave Smith and one month until I leave from Vancouver... I really never thought this day would come.. (oh yeah, I have decided to 'jet' over to San Francisco for lunch with my Dad's cousin's husband during my 12-hour wait in LA! Isn't that cool??)

All right, catch ya later... I hope it warms up for us all..

3 comments:

Claudette said...

Hi Shari,

Sorry to have missed your going away party but I'll be home for your return party!!!!

BTW, do you have any ideas where you want to go in Australia? Are you going to bus it or what? We made some very good friends in Brisbane.

PS. I laughed at Crystal and your facebook comments about Rick getting me in trouble.

Rick James said...

Hah! I'll give you a list alright. Start not by making sure you have packed what I might mention, but instead by COMPLETELY emptying your suitcase and packing ONLY the following...

Ooops, I'll hafta finish this comment later. Bye!

Rick James said...

OK, here's my (very late) suggested list:
-1 pair of shoes
-1 pair of teva sandals (VERY much worth the $)
-possibly 1 pair of thong slip on sandals, if you want them for the beaches. You can easily buy them there and then throw them out before returning home...
-1 pair of socks, (REALLY! You just won't wear them much)
-1 pair of pants
-2 pairs of shorts or skort or whatever
1 skirt, (make it a super mini if you want to attract attention)
-2 to 3 pair of underwear, (wash in the sink and dry overnight frequently)
-2 t-shirts
-1 long sleeved shirt
-1 sweater/light fleece
-1 rainproof/windproof (preferably gore-tex) jacket
-1 wide brimmed hat
-1 swimsuit
-1 small towel, (big and fluffy never dries, but your skin will quickly dry in the breeze).
-sunblock (it's mucho expensive over there!)
-small alarm clock (for flights)
portable hard drive, or a HUGE (8GB) memory stick to backup ALL your photo's on. Bring two memory sticks if you have a smaller camera card, or plan on formatting it and re-using it. Always have at least two copies of your pics, and keep the two memory sticks, or portable hard drives in different places.

That's a quick list. You REALLY won't need much of anything else. And if ya do, it can be bought over there for cheap! (other than the sunblock).

Have fun!