Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 2 - Sydney





Today was a rather non-interesting day, but still was enjoyable.. I jumped on a hop on hop off City bus at about 11:00 AM and hopped off at the Maritime museum at 11:20 AM... then toured around there looking at the history of Sydney and Australia and for different ships- a destroyer, a submarine, a replica of the Endeavor (Captain Cook's ship) and a tall ship.. each were neat in their own way... the only issue is that this took me until 3:30 PM and I missed the opportunity to tour the Sydney Opera house... on my next way through I guess. I am actually going to see if I can catch a show there.. that would be neat!


So after I hopped back on the bus I cruised around touring the rest of the City and down to Bondi beach until 7:00 PM.. then I grabbed a bite to eat and am now studying for my scuba course tomorrow.. wish me luck!


the weather threatened rain all day, so it was rather muggy, but it stayed away until I was eating, so that was good.. now it seems to have stopped, but it is still windy...


Thanks Claudette and Rick for your comments! I obviously wasn't paying attention before, but see it now.. and funny enough I just about packed exactly what you said.. It is actually my toiletry bag that weighs more than my clothes! BTW- is climbing the Harbour Bridge worth the 150 odd dollars? I could do that when I come back through, if it is..


K people, don't worry about me if you don't hear for the next couple of days.. I have to get up at the ungodly hour of 6 AM (who says that is even allowed on holidays????) to do this scuba course and then a tour to the Blue Mountains on Monday... after that I finally leave Sydney (which really is like any other city with sirens and beggars and tall buildings and such.. I even got to see a guy get arrested and have heard about a hundred different kinds of sirens). I look forward to getting out of here and seeing what else is out there....


Yes Claudette I will be in Brisbane for 3 days. I too have a friend there.. I should call her to see if she will be around.. hmmm...


Take care all. I hope the weather warms for you soon...


OH yeah, Dix, you may love it here... Thai restaurants EVERYWHERE, and BTW- I don't think I have been served by an Australian yet!


I'll try to post a few pics, but it wasn't doing so well on facebook...

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Love reading your blog
Love the pics! You look like you are enjoying yourself. Good luck with the scuba course. What happened to the 'sleep in' thing and holidays? You must have missed that memo.
Keep us posted.
Later my friend