Thursday, March 6, 2008

I have arrived!

So after an incredibly long day and uncomfortable flight I have made it to Sydney and am enjoying the 28 degree weather and the thrill of wearing shorts. (Thank god I fake and baked, I really don't stick out too much, at least I don't think so!)

So the 4th was a long day. Flew on the same plane as Kirt McLean to Los Angeles! After 3 hours I finally got up the nerve to ask him for his autograph, and he was soooo nice. I think if I wasn't scooting off to San Francisco for lunch he was going to invite me to golf with he and his buddies!! (I can dream!)

The San Fran detour went without a hitch and I even got to leave an hour earlier, but then spent 20 minutes looking for Ed, but It was a lovey lunch with he and his gal and a quick tour of the area (driving past Robin Williams house, who Ed says is just an ordinary guy if you see him in the neighbourhood). SF is as pretty as I remember, though way too much traffic.

The flight to Sydney left late and therefore we arrived late. I waited VERY patiently to see if I could get a window seat and it paid off, thanks God as my original seat was plumb in the middle of the plane, yuck... then I almost had a spare seat next to me which would have been a dream, but some stupid kid HAD to sit by his stupid buddy!

I watched Juno and I am Legend on the plane and did get some rest so that was good.

After arriving in Sydney, there was a conspiracy to not let us leave for hours and make us stand and haul our luggage into long line ups to wait only to be freed just before they start searching my bag (Which was done somewhere along the line, because my Winnie the Pooh lock is gone and my zippers were open... sad ) Anyway after an hour and a half and a $30 cab ride I made it to the hostel, where I was told I couldn't check in until 1:00... so I went and organized my Bus tour (some changes to the itinerary I had from suggestions from the Aussie guy helping me out).. so It is a little different, but I am basically still hitting spots I want to...

I should really touch base with Nigel and Carlene... but right now my brain is numb... and I am seriously thinking about going to the observatory... wouldn't that be neat to see the upside down sky up close and personal!

I spent the day walking down and around the Harbour/ Circular Quay.. then went up to the Sydney Tower for a 360 look of the city and area.... wow... much like the CN tower... and i had major de ja vu so i guess I am where I am supposed to be...

So now I have to run, so I don't have to pay another $2 and there is a band or something at the hostel, so I should check that out and try to be social!

Thank you everyone for your support. I will do my best t keep you up dated!

No comments: